YumYoga

yumyoga 5-Day Cleanse… the day(s) after…

Posted by: Rita in: ● April 14, 2011

NOW WHAT?!?!

First of all, absolutely allow yourself to celebrate this incredible accomplishment. I’d recommend you celebrate in a mindful way, continuing your “conscious consumption”… so rather than throwing caution to the wind and heading to the next fast food restaurant, or indulging in a gigantic gourmet burger with truffle fries and a milk shake (mmmm…. ok, back to reality), chose a mindful way to celebrate your success! You’ve just devoted 5 days to your health and well-being, don’t throw all of that out the window and go back to the old ways you were trying to move away from in the first place.

Some wonderful ways to celebrate:

*get a spa treatment

*go grocery shopping to buy healthy foods

*buy yourself flowers

*treat yourself to a movie/theater performance/fill-in-the-blank

*cook a healthful dinner for friends/family and share your experiences with them

Look at all these amazing foods you can eat now!

Nothing beats fresh flowers!

One of the big eye-openers I’ve found people have when completing a cleanse such as this is wonderment at the fact that they actually “did it.” I’ve heard things like “I never thought I could go a whole day without eating anything” or “I can’t believe I feel great without MY COFFEE”. YES, this is all real and true. Our bodies were meant to function on real food. And you don’t need a ton of it (as we saw on the Smoothie and Apple days) as long as they are nutritionally dense, as most “real foods” are.

My advice to you going-forward as you continue your journey is to think about the nutritional value, rather than caloric value, of the things you are eating. Ask yourself what purpose that food is going to serve your body. And if you are having a really rough day and it is your MIND that needs nourishment, and you know that brownie or bag of chips is going to serve that purpose, don’t beat yourself up. Half the battle is recognizing how our stress levels, emotions, environment, habits and patterns influence our eating. After you start paying attention to these things, strive to make the RIGHT choice (and you know which one that is) about 80% of the time. If you slip the other 20%, be nice to yourself and rather than slide down a slippery slope, make the right choice the next time… which is every time you pick up a fork, open the fridge, or sit down at a cafe.

Afterall, it is with food as with everything else:

“Every day is a fresh beginning, every day is the world made new… this is your day of opportunity.” ~Dan Custer

The exciting news is there are so many good choices to be made, we just need to start seeing them and choosing them. Happy shopping friends!

Grocery shopping at a co-op or health food store after a cleanse is like letting a starving kid into a candy store!

Write Comment

Categories

Facebook Activity

Facebook Feed